Board and Sword Notes: 78th best game game overall according to board game geek, the 2nd best party game overall, and it definitely deserves it. Codenames is brilliant, it absolutely shines as a game once you have about 6 players or more, its a wonderful party game and definitely worth getting. Its a word association game with very few rules and I love it.
Two rival spymasters know the secret identities of 25 agents. Their teammates know the agents only by their CODENAMES.
In Codenames, two teams compete to see who can make contact with all of their agents first. Spymasters give one-word clues that can point to multiple words on the board. Their teammates try to guess words of the right color while avoiding those that belong to the opposing team. And everyone wants to avoid the assassin.
Codenames: Win or lose, it’s fun to figure out the clues.
- 2017 As d’Or – Jeu de l’Année Nominee
- 2016 UK Games Expo Best Party Game Winner
- 2016 Tric Trac Nominee
- 2016 Tric Trac d’Argent
- 2016 SXSW Tabletop Game of the Year Nominee
- 2016 Swiss Gamers Award Nominee
- 2016 Spiel des Jahres Winner
- 2016 Spiel des Jahres Nominee
- 2016 Spiel der Spiele Hit mit Freunden Recommended
- 2016 Nederlandse Spellenprijs Best Family Game Nominee
- 2016 International Gamers Award – General Strategy: Multi-player Nominee
- 2016 Gouden Ludo Best Family Game Winner
- 2016 Gouden Ludo Best Family Game Nominee
- 2016 Gioco dell’Anno Nominee
- 2016 Best Science Fiction or Fantasy Board Game Nominee
- 2016 Årets Spel Best Adult Game Nominee
- 2015 Meeples’ Choice Winner
- 2015 Meeples’ Choice Nominee
- 2015 Jocul Anului în România Beginners Finalist
- 2015 Golden Geek Most Innovative Board Game Nominee
- 2015 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Nominee
- 2015 Golden Geek Best Party Board Game Winner
- 2015 Golden Geek Best Party Board Game Nominee
- 2015 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Winner
- 2015 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee
- 2015 Cardboard Republic Socializer Laurel Winner
- 2015 Cardboard Republic Socializer Laurel Nominee