Dare you enter into this rip-roaring adventure in the desert city? A stunning sequel to the award-winning Forbidden Island… and Forbidden Desert is as foreboding as it sounds!
Gear up for a thrilling adventure to recover a legendary flying machine buried deep in the ruins of an ancient desert city. You’ll need to coordinate with your teammates and use every available resource if you hope to survive the scorching heat and relentless sandstorm.
What’s in the box?
- 49 cards
- 48 sand markers
- 24 tiles
- Six pawns
- Six meter clips
- Four flying machine parts
- One flying machine model
- One sand storm meter and stand
How to play:
Take up 4 actions each turn:
- Move: move your pawn to an adjacent, unblocked tile.
- Remove sand: remove sand markers on your tile or on an adjacent tile.
- Excavate: if your pawn is on the desert side of a tile that does not have any sand markers on it, you may excavate it.
- Pick up a part: you may pick up a revealed Flying Machine part on an unblocked and excavated tile.
Bonus – if you’re on the same tile as another player, you can share water and pass equipment cards at any time during the game for free.
Draw a number of cards from the sand storm draw pile equal to the current sand storm meter level and follow the instructions on each card.
To win the game, get to the launch pad! Once you have the four necessary parts, find your way to the launch pad tile where everyone can insert the parts into the flying machine, start the engine, and escape for the win.
You’ll lose the game if:
- Thirst: if any player reaches the symbol on their canteen.
- Buried: if you need to add a sand marker to a tile but there aren’t any left in the supply.
- Swept Away: the sand storm meter reaches the symbol.
– Description from publisher
1 in stock