The forces of evil are threatening to overrun Hogwarts castle in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle, a cooperative deck-building game, and it’s up to four students to ensure the safety of the school by defeating villains and consolidating their defenses. In the game, players take on the role of a Hogwarts student: Harry, Ron, Hermione or Neville, each with their own personal deck of cards that’s used to acquire resources.
By gaining influence, players add more cards to their deck in the form of iconic characters, spells, and magical items. Other cards allow them to regain health or fight against villains, keeping them from gaining power. The villains set back players with their attacks and Dark Arts. Only by working together will players be able to defeat all of the villains, securing the castle from the forces of evil.
—description from the publisher
- 2020 Gra Roku Best Thematic Game Nominee
- 2017 Mensa Select Winner
- 2016 Golden Geek Best Thematic Board Game Nominee
- 2016 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee
- 2016 Golden Geek Best Cooperative Game Nominee
- 2016 Golden Geek Best Card Game Nominee
- 2016 Board Game Quest Awards Best Family Game Nominee
- 2016 Board Game Quest Awards Best Coop Game Nominee