In Imhotep, the players become builders in Egypt who want to emulate the first and best-known architect there, namely Imhotep.
Over six rounds, they move wooden stones by boat to create five seminal monuments, and on a turn, a player chooses one of four actions: Procure new stones, load stones on a boat, bring a boat to a monument, or play an action card. While this sounds easy, naturally the other players constantly thwart your building plans by carrying out plans of their own. Only those with the best timing — and the stones to back up their plans — will prove to be Egypt’s best builder.
- 2017 Nederlandse Spellenprijs Best Family Game Nominee
- 2017 Boardgames Australia Awards Best Australian Game Winner
- 2017 Boardgames Australia Awards Best Australian Game Nominee
- 2016/Fall Parents’ Choice Gold Award Winner
- 2016 Spiel des Jahres Nominee
- 2016 Meeples’ Choice Nominee
- 2016 Jocul Anului în România Beginners Finalist
- 2016 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee
- 2016 Cardboard Republic Architect Laurel Nominee