Isle of Skye is one of the most beautiful places in the world, with soft sand beaches, gently sloping hills, and impressive mountains. The landscape of Isle of Skye is breathtaking and fascinates everyone.
In the tile-laying game Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King, 2–5 players are chieftains of famous clans and want to build their kingdoms to score as many points as possible—but in each game only four of the sixteen scoring tiles will be scored.
Thanks to the scoring tiles, each game is different and leads to different tactics and strategies, but having enough money is useful no matter what else is going on. Managing that money can be tricky, though. Each turn, each player places two area tiles in front of them and sets the selling price for the tiles. Setting a high price is great, but only so long as someone actually pays the price because if no one opts to buy, then the seller must buy the tiles at the price they previously requested.
In the end, the player with the best kingdom—and not the richest player—becomes the sovereign of the island.
- 2018 Hra roku Winner
- 2017 Gra Roku Family Game of the Year Nominee
- 2016 UK Games Expo Best Boardgame Winner
- 2016 Tric Trac Nominee
- 2016 Spiel der Spiele simply the best mit Freunden Winner
- 2016 Lys Passioné Finalist
- 2016 Kennerspiel des Jahres Winner
- 2016 Kennerspiel des Jahres Nominee
- 2016 Juego del Año Recommended
- 2016 International Gamers Award – General Strategy: Multi-player Nominee
- 2015 Meeples’ Choice Nominee
- 2015 Jocul Anului în România Beginners Finalist
- 2015 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Nominee
- 2015 Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Nominee
- 2015 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee
- 2015 Cardboard Republic Architect Laurel Nominee
- 2015 Board Game Quest Awards Best Strategy/Euro Game Winner
- 2015 Board Game Quest Awards Best Strategy/Euro Game Nominee